Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Chocolate Bars🍫
This was a total accident, but WOW what a wonderful accident! I was making vegan oatmeal raisin cookies, and my candy bar brain kicked in and took over🍫🍫🍫🍫 If you haven’t already, head on over to Instagram and follow me (@realbillthevegan)
🍫1 Cup All-Purpose Flour (or Garbanzo Flour, or other Gluten Free Option)
🍫1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
🍫1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
🍫1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
🍫1 Stick Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks (Softened)
🍫3/4 Cups Organic Coconut Palm Sugar (as Brown Sugar Replacement)
🍫1/4 Cup Xylitol (Sugar if you must)
🍫1 Egg Replacer Egg (1/2 TBSP (1.5tsp) EnerG Egg Replacer whisked with 2TBSP warm water until frothy)
🍫1 TSP Organic Vanilla
🍫1.5 Cups Organic Oats (Regular or Gluten Free… I use Bob’s Redmill)
🍫3/4 Cups Raisins (Organic if Possible)
BOWL #4 (Make this later)
🍫1/3 Heaping Cup @enjoylifefoods Mini Chocolate Chips (vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Whisk BOWL #1 completely and set aside.
- Combine BOWL #2 on low with hand mixer, then increase speed to high until creamed.
- Carefully stir in the contents of BOWL #1 (little by little) into BOWL #2, but don’t over mix! Just stir until the flour disappears into the wet mix.
- Carefully stir in the contents of BOWL #3 until the batter is evenly mixed.
- Remove batter 3-4 TBSP at a time from the bowl and form them into candy bar shapes.
- Place the candy bars on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 13-14 minutes or until *perfect*
- Remove and let the candy bars cool at least five minutes.
- Place the candy bars on a parchment lined plate and freeze at least 30 minutes.
- Completely melt the contents of BOWL #4.
- Cover the tops of each candy bar with melted chocolate and sprinkle a few walnut pieces quickly (before it hardens).
- Completely cover the sides (bottoms if desired) of the candy bars and refrigerate until the chocolate is all hardened and the inside of the candy bar is no longer frozen.
- Serve and provide pure *delight* to those lucky enough to be at your house tonight🍫
THE RAW VERSION!🍫
The raw version is pretty simple, folks 🙂 Simply don’t preheat the oven, and don’t cook the candy bars! Skip straight from the batter phase to the freezer, though I would recommend lightly greasing the parchment prior to freezing. These take less work, and they’re easier to make, and they have the added bonus (based on the taste testers in my house) of tasting even better than the cooked version 🙂 And since you used Egg Replacer instead of regular eggs *yuck* they are totally safe!
Sweet Chili and Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
This is a new-and-improved kind of recipe/post 🙂 I posted Cauliflower Buffalo Wings before… and believe me, they are delicious! BUT, these are sort of knocked up a notch. Oh… and this one includes sweet chili wings, too! Hope you love it 🙂 Follow me on Instagram (@realbillthevegan).
🌱1 Cup Garbanzo (Chickpea) Flour
🌱1 Cup Water
🌱1 TSP Garlic Powder
🌱1 TSP Onion Powder
🌱1 Heaping TSP Baking Powder
🌱1/2 TSP Sea Salt
Ingredients (Breading) in Separate Bowl:
🌱2 Cups Vegan Bread Crumbs (more if needed)
🌱1/4 Cup Garbanzo (Chickpea) Flour
🌱Mix the above ingredients.
🌱Dip a medium head of cauliflower (cut into pieces) in the batter.
🌱Dip the battered pieces in the breading and toss until covered.
🌱Place pieces on parchment-covered pan.
Ingredients (Buffalo Sauce):
Ingredients (Sweet Chili Sauce):
Directions (Saucing and Finishing):
Sweet Potato Soufflé Nice Cream 🍌
This stuff is amazing! Follow me on Instagram (@realbillthevegan) so you don’t miss anything cool 😉
🍌1 Frozen Banana
🍌1 Medium Organic Sweet Potato (Steamed)
🍌1 TBSP Xylitol (Sugar if you MUST)
🍌1 TSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
🍌Pecans and Pumpkin Seeds to Garnish
- Steam the Sweet Potato.
- Add Sweet Potato, Banana, Xylitol, and Pumpkin Pie Spice to food processor.
- Process until creamy and thick.
- Garnish and serve.
Vegan 🎃 Pumpkin Pie Nice Cream
This one is truly wonderful 🙂 It’s SO easy to make, and when you use Xylitol, it has ZERO added sugar 🙂 Do yourself a favor and make this. Also, don’t forget, when you make Nice Cream, there’s no need to add any nut milk… you just need PATIENCE. Then you’ll get the cream consistency of ice cream EVERY TIME without adding extra ingredients. Yum Factor=11 out of 10 for this one 😉 Come follow me on Instagram for a lot more cool stuff @realbillthevegan
🎃1/4 Cup Organic Pumpkin Purée
🎃1 Frozen Organic Banana
🎃1 TBSP Xylitol
🎃1 TSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
🎃Pumpkin Seeds (garnish)
Put it in a food processor and GO CRAZY!
All the best,
Cauliflower Buffalo Wings and Vegan Ranch
I waited WAY too long to try this. You see them everywhere, but it’s tough to imagine these things being as AMAZING and wonderful as they really are. Imagine no more! Try them today 🙂 If you haven’t already, head on over to Instagram and follow me (@realbillthevegan) today 🙂
- 1 Medium head of Cauliflower
- 1/2 Cup Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 TSP Garlic Powder
- 1/2 TSP Sea Salt
- 1 TSP Baking Powder (an addition I learned from my new @nomyourself cookbook)
Ingredients (Hot Sauce Mixture)
- 1 TSP Melted Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- 2/3 Cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- Mix together the batter (except cauliflower)
- Toss the cauliflower in the batter until well covered
- Place battered cauliflower on non-stick foil (with some spray added) or use parchment paper and be glad you did 😉
Bake at 450°F for 15-20 minutes, turning half way through (You can also spray the tops of them with oil prior to baking to get a crispier wing)
- Remove from the oven and toss in the Hot Sauce Mixture, which is pretty self explanatory 😉
- Bake for 25 more minutes (or until nice and crispy). You could turn on the broiler at the end to crisp them more, but be sure you watch them! They scorch fast!
Ingredients: Vegan Ranch Sauce
- ~1/2 Cup Veganaise (more or less to taste or depending on what you want the yield to be)
- A few TBSP nut milk of choice (soy, almond, cashew)(more or less to taste)
- 1 TSP (more or less to taste) Garlic Powder
- 1 TSP (more or less to taste) Onion Powder
- 1/2 TSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 TSP Dried Parsley
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Add more veganaise or milk depending on your desired consistency. This isn’t an exact science of a recipe. You can add more or less of everything depending on what you want the finished product to look and taste like 🙂
All the best,
My Zoodle Problem 😋
Zoodles and Sautéed Veggies!
If you follow me on Instagram (@realbillthevegan), you know I have a SERIOUS Zoodle problem! Honestly, though, if you’ve tried them, you know it’s not really a problem! 2 medium-sized zucchini will fill your plate with noodly goodness, and they clock in at barely 60 calories! If you “noodle them up,” they look terrific (and taste even better) even before you cook them!
Drop them in a skillet on medium heat with a little Organic Tamari, garlic powder, onion powder, and any of your other favorite seasonings 😊, and you are just minutes away from total deliciousness!
I like to sauté organic mushrooms, peppers, and onions in the same seasonings (and tamari) I mentioned above, and throw it all together for absolute perfection! Feel free to comment below and give your own Zoodle Confession 😉
See you soon!