Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Chocolate Bars🍫
This was a total accident, but WOW what a wonderful accident! I was making vegan oatmeal raisin cookies, and my candy bar brain kicked in and took over🍫🍫🍫🍫 If you haven’t already, head on over to Instagram and follow me (@realbillthevegan)
🍫1 Cup All-Purpose Flour (or Garbanzo Flour, or other Gluten Free Option)
🍫1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
🍫1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
🍫1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
🍫1 Stick Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks (Softened)
🍫3/4 Cups Organic Coconut Palm Sugar (as Brown Sugar Replacement)
🍫1/4 Cup Xylitol (Sugar if you must)
🍫1 Egg Replacer Egg (1/2 TBSP (1.5tsp) EnerG Egg Replacer whisked with 2TBSP warm water until frothy)
🍫1 TSP Organic Vanilla
🍫1.5 Cups Organic Oats (Regular or Gluten Free… I use Bob’s Redmill)
🍫3/4 Cups Raisins (Organic if Possible)
BOWL #4 (Make this later)
🍫1/3 Heaping Cup @enjoylifefoods Mini Chocolate Chips (vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Whisk BOWL #1 completely and set aside.
- Combine BOWL #2 on low with hand mixer, then increase speed to high until creamed.
- Carefully stir in the contents of BOWL #1 (little by little) into BOWL #2, but don’t over mix! Just stir until the flour disappears into the wet mix.
- Carefully stir in the contents of BOWL #3 until the batter is evenly mixed.
- Remove batter 3-4 TBSP at a time from the bowl and form them into candy bar shapes.
- Place the candy bars on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 13-14 minutes or until *perfect*
- Remove and let the candy bars cool at least five minutes.
- Place the candy bars on a parchment lined plate and freeze at least 30 minutes.
- Completely melt the contents of BOWL #4.
- Cover the tops of each candy bar with melted chocolate and sprinkle a few walnut pieces quickly (before it hardens).
- Completely cover the sides (bottoms if desired) of the candy bars and refrigerate until the chocolate is all hardened and the inside of the candy bar is no longer frozen.
- Serve and provide pure *delight* to those lucky enough to be at your house tonight🍫
THE RAW VERSION!🍫
The raw version is pretty simple, folks 🙂 Simply don’t preheat the oven, and don’t cook the candy bars! Skip straight from the batter phase to the freezer, though I would recommend lightly greasing the parchment prior to freezing. These take less work, and they’re easier to make, and they have the added bonus (based on the taste testers in my house) of tasting even better than the cooked version 🙂 And since you used Egg Replacer instead of regular eggs *yuck* they are totally safe!